With the flu and many other illnesses, prevention is key.
- Getting a flu shot will significantly reduce your chances of catching the flu.
- Washing your hands often will help prevent the spread of the flu.
- Staying away from those who are sick also helps reduce your chances of getting sick.
- Also, keeping your immune system healthy by eating right and getting adequate sleep can help you fend off illness.
What should you do if you get sick?
- Know when to seek medical care.
- You may be able to cut down the amount of time you spend sick with the flu if you can get antiviral drugs within 24-48 hours of when your symptoms first appear.
- Anyone can get the flu and problems related to the flu can happen at any age, but some people are at high risk of developing serious complications.
- If you are in a “high risk” group and develop flu symptoms, you should get medical care as early as possible.
- If you are sick, you should stay home and avoid contact with other people except to get medical care.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Treat aches, fever and cough with over the counter medications.
CityDoc offers Online Check-In and Video Visit for your convenience. Schedule an appointment today!