For most of North Texas, kids are headed back to school. Use this checklist to help your family start the school year happy and healthy.
- Ensure your child gets enough rest. Children generally need 8-10 hours of sleep each night.
- Feed your child a healthy breakfast. They will be more alert and will do better in school.
- Use a calendar or planner to stay organized. List all assignments and important dates.
- Be sure to stay up-to-date with your child’s immunizations.
- Put necessary medications on file at school. Alert the school nurse about any medical or health issues.
- Complete any necessary school physicals for sports and other extracurricular activities.
Find more tips to get prepared for the school year and get a complete back-to-school checklist now. Learn more