When some emergencies happen, you have a clear idea of how to respond and where you should go for help. For example, if you have a broken arm, you can come to CityDoc Urgent Care Center for treatment, of course! However, other situations, such as dental emergencies, can be far more confusing. What should you do if you have debilitating tooth pain? Where should you go if a tooth is knocked out? In this post, we want to clarify where you can get the best care in certain dental emergency situations so that you don’t waste precious time or money trying to fix the problem in the wrong places.
Go to the Emergency RoomAlthough the ER can deal with many types of serious injuries or illnesses, the doctors on staff don’t have the training or equipment necessary to deal with common dental problems like a chipped or broken tooth. The ER should be reserved for situations that may require more intensive procedures. heir efforts and PPE are needed elsewhere! Here are examples of dental emergencies that warrant a trip to the ER:
- You’ve broken your jaw or other facial bone, assuming an Oral Surgeon can’t be contacted.
- You believe that you may have suffered a concussion as a result of an impact to the face.
Come to CityDoc Urgent Care CenterSimilar to the ER staff, our highly qualified doctors are trained to deal with medical issues. However, we invite you to come to one of our four locations if you experience any of the following “dental” emergencies:
- You have lacerations to the lips that need stitches.
- You’ve broken your nose as a result of a facial impact.
Go to the DentistIn most dental emergencies, your dentist in Las Colinas is your best bet for receiving the care you need. These situations include:
- You are suffering with a severe toothache.
- You have a broken or chipped tooth.
- Your tooth has been knocked out.
- You’ve lost a filling or crown.
- You have an oral abscess with or without a fever.