Staying healthy through the holiday season can sometimes be a difficult task. Some of the major holidays, (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Year's) all come in the middle of cold and flu season.
Here are some tips to help you stay healthy and well this holiday season:
- Outsmart Germs: Infections such as colds and flu spread easily where people congregate—shopping malls, holiday parties and family dinners. Practice good hygiene and hand-washing often.
- Keep Your Distance: When you cannot avoid being around large crowds, try to put some distance between yourself and others who are sick or may be coughing or sneezing.
- Take Symptoms Seriously: Don't delay getting care because of the holidays. If you experience symptoms that could be bronchitis, ear infections, sore throat, and urinary tract infections, see a physician.
- Don't Forget Your Meds: In the hubbub of packing for holiday travels, it’s easy to forget your prescription medications. Make sure that you have packed your meds and are taking them as recommended.
- Know Where to Go: When unexpected illnesses occur during the holidays, urgent care clinics can be very useful. Of course, if it’s a life-threatening emergency, you should call 911 immediately.
CityDoc's Video Visit is an easy way to see a physician, especially during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. See a CityDoc health provider from the convenience of your phone, tablet or computer. Schedule a Video Visit now!
Please note: CityDoc clinics will be closed on Christmas Day. The CityDoc Uptown clinic will be open on New Years.