To date, Texas has had 232 reported cases of illness due to Zika virus. Of those, 39 cases were in Dallas County and 23 cases were in Tarrant County. All the cases were associated with travel to an area where Zika is being spread. This count includes 14 pregnant women, two infants infected before birth, and two people who had sexual contact with travelers.
Here are a few important steps Texans can take to help prevent the spread of the Zika virus:
- Apply EPA-approved insect repellent.
- Wear pants and long-sleeve shirts.
- Use screens and close windows and doors.
- Remove standing water in and around your home.
- Cover trash cans or containers where water can collect.
- Talk to your doctor if you have concerns.
Have questions about Zika? Contact us at: https://citydoc.net
Keep up with the latest info at TexasZika.org