Winter is a wonderful season of holidays and gatherings but it can also pose a variety of health threats. From colds and flu, to slip and falls, the effects of winter can wreak havoc on your family’s health. However, these tips can help keep you and your family healthy this winter.
- Get a flu shot! Decrease your chances of getting the flu virus by protecting yourself with the flu vaccine.
- Dress in layers. Minimize the amount of skin exposed to winter elements by bundling up with a coat, warm hat, gloves, and thick socks.
- Make sleep a priority. Getting adequate sleep can help you fend off germs and keep your immune system healthy.
- Wash your hands. Be vigilant about handwashing every time you sneeze or cough, use the restroom, and before meals.
- Wear proper footwear. Avoid slips and falls by wearing a quality pair of insulated and water-resistant boots with good rubber treads when walking on ice or snow.
- Chill out. Fend off winter blues with relaxation, regular exercise and staying connected to family and friends this season.