Not only is it flu season, but COVID-19 is also spreading in our communities. The flu is highly contagious and easy to catch, so it is crucial to protect yourself from the spread by getting your seasonal flu shot. You are especially encouraged to get the flu vaccine if you are pregnant, older than 65 years of age, under 6 months of age, or if you have a chronic health condition.
How the Flu Affects Peoples
- Influenza is a serious disease that can lead to hospitalization and sometimes even death.
- Every flu season is different, and influenza infection can affect people differently, but millions of people get the flu every year, hundreds of thousands of people are hospitalized and thousands of people die from flu-related causes every year.
- Flu season in the United States can begin as early as October and last as late as May.
- An annual seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce your risk of getting sick with seasonal flu and spreading it to others.
What are the Benefits of Getting the Flu Vaccination?
- Getting a flu vaccination can help prevent you and your loved once from getting the flu.
- A 2021 study showed that those vaccinated for the flu showed decreased signs of illness.
- A CDC study or Centers for Disease Control and Prevention from 2018 showed that those who received the flu vaccination were at less risk for hospitalization.
- For those with chronic health conditions, flu vaccinations can reduce rates of cardiac events, effects of chronic lung disease, and hospitalizations for those with diabetes.
We Offer Walk-in Flu Shot Services
It’s been hard to get appointments for healthcare services across the board. Luckily, we offer walk-in services for flu shots and other healthcare needs with out appointment.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT WALK-IN SERVICES:
- We do NOT require an APPOINTMENT. Walk-in today!
- Open 7 days a week with extended hours
HOW TO CHECK-IN ONLINE.
Online check-in will speed up the process. You can easily check in online by clicking this link.
CHECK-IN ONLINE NOW.
***If we do not have available slots, this does NOT mean we are full. In the event you cannot check-in online, go ahead and walk-in and we will get you taken care of quickly and efficiently.***
BETTER THAN AN EMERGENCY ROOM.
CityDoc accepts patients quickly and efficiently, drastically decreasing the time spent waiting in an emergency room for health care services.
NO INSURANCE, NO PROBLEM.
CityDoc conveniently offers self-pay options for anyone without insurance. We are easily accessible and affordable for anyone, because we put the patient’s needs first. REVIEW SELF-PAY OPTIONS