Suffering from Allergies?
Do you have symptoms of an allergy? Allergy testing is a medical procedure that evaluates your reaction to specific allergens. Find comprehensive allergy testing for the whole family at CityDoc Urgent Care in Fort Worth, Texas. The allergist team expertly diagnoses all types of allergies and partners with you to find effective treatment options. Call the office location nearest you or book an appointment online to learn more.
An allergy is an overreaction of your body’s immune system to a substance it considers harmful. When you’re exposed to the allergen, your immune system sends out antibodies to protect you, which ultimately cause inflammation in various parts of your body, such as your nose, skin, or digestive system.
Allergy testing helps you identify what allergens are causing your sinus symptoms. It can be done one of two ways, a blood test and a skin test.
There are 3 options for battling allergies…
- Avoidance. Simply avoid things that make you allergic and knowing what you’re allergic to is necessary.
- Medication. The goal of virtually all prescription and over-the-counter allergy medications is to stop allergy symptoms temporarily. They do nothing to relieve the cause of your allergies, which is why your misery returns every time you encounter allergens your body doesn’t like.
- Immunotherapy is a natural allergy remedy. It’s a process that desensitizes your body to allergens by introducing them to your body, via serum, in small doses either by shots or sublingual (under the tongue) drops.
Immunotherapy is the solution
Get Tested. It starts with a quick, pain-free skin test that checks for a reaction to 72 different antigens. In 15 minutes, your allergen results will be available and serum will be specifically formulated for you based on those allergens. You can take the serum by drops or shots. Watch this video to learn more about the process.
Allergy Drops. Simply place a few drops of serum under your tongue every day. You only need to visit us every three months for a refill and a quick follow-up. As you progress in the program you should see relief in your allergy symptoms and the need for allergy medications. Most insurance plans don’t cover drops, but when compared to the cost of medications and sick visits to the doctor, the $69 per month for drops can actually cut your health care expenses and allow you to live a healthier life.
Allergy Shots have been used successfully to treat allergies for decades. Healthcare providers administer the shots in their offices on a regular basis, often weekly or bi-weekly. Health insurance usually covers the costs associated with allergy shots.
How much does it cost?
Insurance coverage for allergy testing and maintenance depends on your specific insurance plan. We can verify your insurance benefits and inform you of your financial responsibility.
The cost of allergy testing for patients without insurance is $100 for the initial office visit plus $175 for the allergy testing procedure.
Get started, make an appointment now.
If you would like an appointment with one of our physicians at CityDoc Urgent Care in Fort Worth, Texas please complete an online appointment request or phone 817-984-8687.
Take steps to beat your allergies by scheduling an appointment today.
- Call one of our four convenient locations to schedule an appointment.
- Please have someone contact me so that I may learn more:
Find a Location Near You
Choose one of our 4 locations located throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.