Many people may not know this, but dehydration is a serious problem that can lead to many different health issues. In fact, it’s estimated that over Luckily, CityDoc Urgent Care offers hydration therapy to help patients with dehydration. Find out more about the benefits of hydration therapy and why you should consider it. are chronically dehydrated. That means that their bodies don’t have enough water to function properly. Luckily, CityDoc Urgent Care offers hydration therapy to help patients with dehydration. Find out more about the benefits of hydration therapy and why you should consider it.
What Is Dehydration?Dehydration happens when your body doesn’t have enough water. This can be due to sweating, diarrhea, vomiting, or not drinking enough fluids. When you’re dehydrated, your body can’t function properly. You may feel dizzy, lightheaded, and fatigued. You may also have a headache, dry mouth, and dark-colored urine. Dehydration is especially dangerous for young children and older adults. This is because their bodies are less able to regulate water levels. Dehydration can also be dangerous for people who have chronic illnesses such as diabetes or heart disease.
What Is Hydration Therapy?Hydration therapy is a treatment that helps people with dehydration. It involves replenishing the fluids in your body with IV treatment fluids. These fluids are usually a mix of drinking water and electrolytes such as sodium and potassium.
How Does Hydration Therapy Works?Hydration therapy works by replenishing the fluids in your body. When you’re dehydrated, your body doesn’t have enough water to function properly. This can lead to fatigue, headache, and other problems. IV hydration helps to rehydrate your body and replenish the fluids it needs to function properly. The IV treatment fluids used in hydration therapy are a mix of water and electrolytes. These fluids help to rehydrate your body and replace the electrolytes it’s lost.
Types of Hydration TherapyThere are two main types of hydration therapy, which include oral rehydration therapy and IV therapy. Find out more about the difference between this two.
1. Oral Rehydration TherapyOral rehydration therapy involves drinking fluids that contain water and electrolytes. These fluids help to replenish the fluids in your body and prevent dehydration.
2. IV Hydration TherapyIV therapy is a more intensive form of hydration therapy. It involves injecting fluids into your bloodstream through an IV. The IV fluids are a mix of water and electrolytes. IV therapy benefits include rehydrating your body more quickly and effectively to replace the electrolytes it’s lost.
What Are the Health Benefits of Hydration Therapy?Hydration therapy has many benefits. Find out more about the benefits of IV hydration and how it can help you.
1. Hydration Therapy Helps with Weight LossDehydration can actually lead to weight gain. When the body doesn’t have enough water, it starts to hold on to what it does have, which can lead to water retention and bloating. Drinking more water can help flush out the water your body is holding on to, leading to weight loss.
2. Oral and IV Therapy Can Boost Energy LevelsDehydration can lead to fatigue and tiredness. When you’re properly hydrated, your body has the fluids it needs to function properly. This can help to increase your energy levels and improve your overall performance.
3. Improves MoodIrritability and moodiness are one of the prevalent effects when someone is dehydrated. Who wouldn’t feel irritated when you’re body lacks the fluids it needs? Nevertheless, IV hydration can lead to improved mood and decreased stress levels.
4. Aids in DigestionConstipation and other digestive tract problems are one of the few problems by dehydration. The digestive system needs water in order to properly digest what you consume on a daily basis, and rehydration can help with that. In other words, IV therapy and oral rehydration therapy can help to improve your digestive system and reduce the risk of constipation.
5. Hydration Therapy Can Help Flush Out ToxinsDehydration can cause toxins to build up in your body. These toxins can lead to different serious diseases when not properly treated. With IV hydration therapy or IV vitamin therapy, your body can have the fluids it needs to flush out toxins and improve your overall health.
6. Improves Brain FunctionYou probably already experienced problems with memory and focus when thirsty. This is one of the most common predicaments that can be solved with just fluids or with adequate hydration. Getting enough drinking fluids in your body can improve memory and focus for a more productive day.
7. Reduces Risk of HeadachesThere are indeed several health benefits that you can get from oral and IV hydration therapy and one of those is headache prevention. When you’re dehydrated, your brain tissue can lose water causing it to shrink. This contraction pulls on the pain-sensitive meninges surrounding the brain and may cause a headache. So, if you want to avoid or reduce headaches, make sure that you’re properly hydrated at all times.
8. Improves Physical PerformanceProblems with physical performance can be associated with proper hydration. When you are dehydrated you can’t simply expect your body to perform at its peak. As a result, it is important that you maintain proper hydration levels if you want to improve your physical performance.
9. IV Therapy Can Improve Kidney FunctionOne of the benefits of hydration therapy is that it can help to improve kidney function. Dehydration can lead to kidney stones and other kidney problems. With proper hydration, your kidneys will have the fluids they need to function properly and reduce the risk of kidney problems.
10. Oral Supplements and IV hydration Therapy Can Boost immunityWith everything going around having a strong immune system is a must. But did you know that dehydration can actually weaken your immunity? When you’re dehydrated, your body doesn’t have the fluids it needs to fight off infection. As a result, you’re more likely to get sick when you’re dehydrated. So, if you want to boost your immunity, make sure that you’re properly hydrated at all times.
Why Choose CityDoc Urgent Care for Hydration Therapy?CityDoc Urgent Care of the best places to go for hydration therapy. Our clinics are equipped with the latest technologies for IV therapy and our staff is highly trained in administering IV fluids for those who prefer IV hydration. We offer a variety of hydration therapy options to meet your needs. Furthermore, we also offer convenient locations, flexible hours, and experienced staff. We also accept most insurance plans.
When Do You Need Hydration Therapy?Most people are familiar with the symptoms of dehydration: thirst, dry mouth, dark urine, fatigue, and headache. But did you know that you can be dehydrated without feeling thirsty? It’s important to drink water throughout the day to prevent dehydration. Before you experience severe dehydration, you may also need hydration therapy if you have the following :
- Vomited or had diarrhea
- Sweated a lot
- Have a fever
- Are taking certain medications
- Have certain medical conditions