What is a Video Visit?
A video visit is the opportunity to see one of our providers via telemedicine on a camera-enabled device from where ever is most convenient for you. A smartphone, tablet, laptop, or work station with a webcam will work.
How it works:
You will request an appointment here.
Appointments are available during the following times.
Monday – Saturday: 8am – 8pm
Sunday: 10am – 5pm
- When your appointment is confirmed you will receive a TEXT message and an EMAIL with the link to your session.
- Have your picture ID ready to show the Provider to confirm who you are.
- When your appointment time comes you will follow the link to your session.
- This appointment is like any other doctor’s appointment, you will describe your symptoms and the provider will suggest treatment.
- If a prescription is needed one will be sent electronically to your pharmacy.
- Providers may suggest you come in for further assessment. If that is the case, you won’t be charged twice.
- We have 4 convenient locations in DFW: Uptown Dallas, Preston & Royal, Inwood Village, and Fort Worth (West 7th). Visit us at citydoc.net to find the location nearest you.
- If a provider believes it is appropriate to test you for COVID-19, we can have you come to the clinic and provide a specimen swab, which we will send to an outside lab. We will receive results in 3-5 days.
Experienced in Telemedicine
Many doctors and practices are utilizing technology to see patients during this time of social distancing. Video Visits are not something we, at CityDoc, added after confirmed COVID-19 cases appeared in the DFW metroplex. We have been offering Video Visits for the last 3 years. We saw Video Visits as an excellent opportunity as an Urgent Care to offer care to even more people at their conveniences. People can be seen from anywhere, provided they have a camera-enabled device. These visits are great for conditions such as the common cold, upper respiratory infections, allergies, sinusitis, cough/bronchitis, COVID-19 testing assessment, sore throat, nasal congestion, drainage, pink eye, urinary tract infection, rashes, medication questions, and other minor conditions.
Benefits of a Video Visit
- Seeing a Doctor from the comfort of your own home
- Secure Connection that is HIPAA compliant.
- Friendly, Qualified Providers listening to your symptoms and assessing treatment
- No risk of exposing yourself or others to contagions that may be present visiting a doctor’s office
- Covered by all the major insurance companies, you would pay the same amount as if you were standing in front of us, which is your urgent care copay or deductible. Many insurance companies are waiving copays and deductibles for COVID19 symptoms and testing.
- Reasonable self-pay pricing for those without insurance.
Benefits of CityDoc
- Owned by ER Doctors
- Friendly Staff
- 4 convenient locations around DFW
- Clean, safe, and sterile environment