- Ensure your child gets enough rest. Children generally need 8-10 hours of sleep each night.
- Feed your child a healthy breakfast. They will be more alert and will do better in school.
- Use a calendar or planner to stay organized. List all assignments and important dates.
- Be sure to stay up-to-date with your child’s immunizations.
- Put necessary medications on file at school. Alert the school nurse about any medical or health issues.
- Complete any necessary school physicals for sports and other extracurricular activities.
For most of North Texas, kids are headed back to school. Use this checklist to help your family start the school year happy and healthy.